One of the key ingredients in In Awe products is natural beeswax, which has been used for healing since ancient times.
Produced by wax-producing glands in the bee abdomen, the beeswax is removed from honeycombs, melted, and purified before being used in cosmetics, cosmeceuticals and skincare products.
Beeswax has a number of benefits, including;
- It naturally forms a protective barrier that holds moisture in and is ideal for keeping skin hydrated, while also allowing it to breathe.
- Sterols also have a lubricating and softening effect on skin, as well as an adhesive effect, which helps ointments stay on.
- Antiseptic properties, which come from the flavonoid chrysin, squalene and 10-hydroxy-trans-2-decenoic acid contained in it. The film it creates on the skin acts protects from pathogenic microorganisms.
- On top of its antimicrobial and regenerative effects, chrysin also relieves inflammation.
- It’s a natural source of vitamin A because it contains β-carotene. Research reveals vitamin A is essential for healthy skin and skin regeneration, helps improve wound healing, delays collagen degradation, and reduces wrinkles.
- Antioxidative and anti-inflammatory properties, thanks to the free fatty alcohols in it.
In Awe products are 100% Australian made and contain ethically sourced and harvested natural beeswax.
They are BPA, paraben free, gluten and petrochemical free.
Combined with vitamin C-packed Kakadu Plum, our ointments are ideal for supporting people with skin issues such as dry skin, inflamed / irritated skin and minor burns.